Decluttering is a process where one decides to organize items in their space.
There are many reasons to why decluttering is beneficial. Here is a short list why you should declutter;
- Decluttered living is a peaceful living – when your space is clean and free from unused items, it allows you to perform daily tasks more efficiently as you are able to easily find what you need.
- Decluttering reduces stress – a cluttered room may lead to anxiety, embarrassment, stress, etc… It is known that when you relieve the problem and learn to throw items away, you feel better. Unnecessary stress and anxiety can lead to many health issues. Life is stressful enough, our homes need to be calm and peaceful places for us to recharge.
- Decluttering = Donating = Helping the community – while decluttering, you may find many unnecessary items in your space. In order to help yourself, you may donate such items, and help your community.
One may find decluttering as a hard process. Getting rid of personal items may sometimes be uncomfortable and make you worry you will not have enough when you need it. In order to make this process easier for you, here are some tips and tricks to help you declutter.
- View your home as a first-time visitor
- Start with 5 minutes at a time
- Donate one item each day
- Create a decluttering checklist
- 12-12-12 challenge- locate 12 items to throw away, 12 to donate, and 12 to be keep
- Take before and after photos to make you feel satisfied with your progress
- Four box method – use 4 boxes with different labels; trash, give away, keep, relocate and start sorting.
The JRCC Furniture Depot encourages you to recycle your furniture, and donate it. You’re helping the environment, you’re helping yourself, and you’re also helping others. If you are interested in donating your furniture to the JRCC Furniture Depot, call 416-222-7105 x500 today!